I started my personal winter break today. I will still be doing some work, but I won’t be working my regular hours until after the New Year. I was so productive today:
- Took Baxter to daycare
- Took Michael for bloodwork
- Went to the store and got a few things, including stuff to make Peanut Butter Blossoms (requested by Michael)
- Cleaned the cat box (I don’t do this often enough!)
- Called the gas company
- Emailed the lawyer about Michael’s SSI appeal
- Did some filing
- Went to Rite Aid for Michael’s new weight loss medication and the rest of our stocking stuffers
- Went to the library
- Made lunch
- Made Peanut Butter Blossoms with Michael (used dark chocolate Kisses because that’s all they had at the store)
- Went back to the store to get stuff for chocolate chip cookies (Joe’s favorite)
- Picked up Baxter from daycare
- Made dinner
- Wrapped Christmas presents
- Checked my work email
Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and we are going to make the chocolate chip cookies. Michael asked if we could watch a Christmas movie, so after dinner we are going to watch Christmas Vacation.
For Christmas Day, the three of us are celebrating in the morning with stockings and presents. Then Michael’s dad is picking him up at noon, and Joe and I are going to his parents’ house at 2pm. His dad has recently stopped treatment for his stomach cancer, plus he has a lung disease, so he wants to have his kids there for Christmas. There won’t be any grandkids, so it will just be ten of us.
Sunday night Michael will come home, and then he has all of next week off school. He does have some past assignments that weren’t turned in, however, so I will be working on those with him. Monday I get to do something I have never done before – prep for a colonoscopy. I am having my first colonoscopy on Tuesday morning. I have had many endoscopies, but never a colonoscopy.
Wednesday a friend of mine is coming over with her boys. She is going to work remotely in the afternoon while the boys play with Michael, but then we will get to visit after she is done with work for the day. I am really looking forward to their visit!
Thursday I will probably work, and then Friday (New Year’s Day) I am going to make the turkey dinner I had planned for Christmas Day before we got asked to go to Joe’s parents’ house for Christmas.
So it should be a nice holiday season. Hope you all have a happy holiday season as well!